How to change plugs 2000 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys... i did a search but came up empty...
i want to change the spark plugs on my 2000 expy 4.6
is there a you tube or step by step instructional on how to do this??? it looks like a big pita!

thanks in advance....

OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn anyone.... anyone... buller.... buller... buller....

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did mine on a 5.4, and they are a PIA but just take your time with a couple of extensions and swivel sockets. Also losing off the fuel rail If I remember right helped. Take a vacum to the holes before you remove the plugs.
I sure somebody else will chime in.

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, its real tight with alot of crap in the way. haha Cylander 4 is a B#@%H!!! Lol Ya, just be patient.

What are the torgue specs for a 2000 4.6?

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, its real tight with alot of crap in the way. haha Cylander 4 is a B#@%H!!! Lol Ya, just be patient.

What are the torgue specs for a 2000 4.6?

Everything I see says about 15 ft-lbs

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did mine last summer on my 99 4.6. I had to remove the fuel injector wires on the passenger side. On the driver side, I removed the intake and injector wires, as well as a few other wires and vacuum lines that I cant remember now, but you will see them when they are in your way. I used an air compressor to blow out the holes, if you dont their is a lot of dirt and gravel in them that will fall into the cylinder after you remove the plugs. Make sure to make sure the plugs are started before turning them in so you do not strip the threads. I torqued mine to feel, but if you have a torque wrench, I would torque them to spec. I would also recommend going with stock spark plugs.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
THANX 99 Expy GREAT ADVICE! IM GOING TO GIVE IT A SHOT THIS WEEKEND

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also do not be in a rush... its gonna take some blood sweat and tears... helps to have a friend help... good luck