How to change the solenoid pack in the R100 Tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This was all done by trial and error, so bear with me. I got two codes, one was for bad tranny/low fluid, the other or the TCC (Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid) bad. Also the check engine light was on and the OD off light was blinking. From what I read, I tried a tranny flush and new filter and cleared the codes but that didn't work. So I went to Napa and got a new solenoid. I took it down to the garage on base and dropped the pan and took off the solenoid pack which is located on the far right side as you are facing forward. To remove it, you need to remove the star screws and the nut from the housing, and to completely remove it you need to reach up on top and take off the plug, which I broke when I pulled it off. Now after struggling with this thing for about an hour and a half, I broke it. Apparently it is not made to come apart. So I called ford and ordered a new solenoid pack. It installs easily, just bolt it back in. Don't forget to reseat the plug on top, or you will get more trouble codes. Replace the filter and put the pan back on and fill it up and your good to go. The replacement part was 350 bucks. The dealer was charging 700 to do this, so I did it myself. I wish I woulda taken pics but I forgot my digi at home. Any questions feel free to ask.