How to find bumper paint for 2019 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LW54

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have some wear marks/scrapes on the hitch cover part of the bumper, and called Ford to obtain touch up paint. The parts person said they don't sell touch up paint for the bumper and I would need to go to a body shop to have them mix matching paint. My exterior paint color is White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat, but the bumper area is a silver color. Has anyone else run into this issue? Do you know how to determine the color code for the bumper paint to try and find a matching paint somewhere else, instead of the expense of a body shop? Thanks so much.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have some wear marks/scrapes on the hitch cover part of the bumper, and called Ford to obtain touch up paint. The parts person said they don't sell touch up paint for the bumper and I would need to go to a body shop to have them mix matching paint. My exterior paint color is White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat, but the bumper area is a silver color. Has anyone else run into this issue? Do you know how to determine the color code for the bumper paint to try and find a matching paint somewhere else, instead of the expense of a body shop? Thanks so much.
You might check this thread:
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/silver-trim-touch-up-paint.40015/

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello All,

Found a couple more:

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/paint-touch-up.42733/

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/paint-color-code.40329/

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello All,

You’ll need to just find generic bumper paint and paint the whole plastic piece. Ford does not sell bumper paint for plastics.

OP
OP
L

LW54

Reaction score
Thank you aggiegrad05 and Sunflowergirl! Really appreciate all the great suggestions and links. We will get busy checking them out and report back as to what worked.

Dukesean

Reaction score
So I had this EXACT problem because as a new owner I wanted to test out the self park feature and didn’t apply brakes before the car scraped its bumper against a wall. So I ended up with scraped up tow hitch cover.

easiest solution is to buy a replacement cover, but most of the ones you find online are paint to match (PTM). BUT...I did find the exact same part, molded in color (MIC) on fordparts.com

Be careful as it’s not super clear which one is which because they sell PTM and MIC. The one you want is MIC Locus Silver

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/bumpers/cap-12528573-1

OP
OP
L

LW54

Reaction score
Thank you so much Dukesean! This sound like exactly what we want. We had seen the PTM ones but were hoping not to go to the expense and chance that it would be painted correctly.

polidori

Reaction score
I purchased a bottle of Dupli-Color Silver Frost from my local Autozone and it’s a pretty good match for the silver on the hitch cover of my ‘19 Platinum. Not perfect, but darn close.

Attachments

• 6150B587-2D17-4099-B126-D3DAB89ED1EA.jpeg
    6150B587-2D17-4099-B126-D3DAB89ED1EA.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 17
  • 2A7853C3-8CD2-4DFE-B53E-2D51B55F1BB1.jpeg
    2A7853C3-8CD2-4DFE-B53E-2D51B55F1BB1.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 18