How to I get the airbox out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been trying to do the mod where you replace the 2 1/2 pipe with the 3" pipe on the air intake going in to the box, and I bought all the parts that I need, but I can't get the airbox detached to replace the pipe going into the sidewall. There is some kind of bolt holding it in underneath, and I can't tell what kind of head it is and how to undo it. Can anybody help out with this? I can get pics if my description doesn't make sense

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you post a pic or two?

I think I know what you are talking about, but a pic could help :)

Hmm, just noticed you have a 5.4. I wonder if it's any different than the 4.6. So, yea, pix please:)

GRIP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all you need to do is grab it and pull up it's held in by 2 rubber and plastic push in type things.i have a 5.4 and i've had the air box out a couple of times.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by GRIP
all you need to do is grab it and pull up it's held in by 2 rubber and plastic push in type things.i have a 5.4 and i've had the air box out a couple of times.

I'll have to try and give it a hard pull, I always forget that the expedition is loaded up with pressure clips. Nice if you don't have any tools, but if they break then you're screwed

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65