How to I get the airbox out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been trying to do the mod where you replace the 2 1/2 pipe with the 3" pipe on the air intake going in to the box, and I bought all the parts that I need, but I can't get the airbox detached to replace the pipe going into the sidewall. There is some kind of bolt holding it in underneath, and I can't tell what kind of head it is and how to undo it. Can anybody help out with this? I can get pics if my description doesn't make sense

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you post a pic or two?

I think I know what you are talking about, but a pic could help :)

Hmm, just noticed you have a 5.4. I wonder if it's any different than the 4.6. So, yea, pix please:)

GRIP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all you need to do is grab it and pull up it's held in by 2 rubber and plastic push in type things.i have a 5.4 and i've had the air box out a couple of times.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by GRIP
all you need to do is grab it and pull up it's held in by 2 rubber and plastic push in type things.i have a 5.4 and i've had the air box out a couple of times.

I'll have to try and give it a hard pull, I always forget that the expedition is loaded up with pressure clips. Nice if you don't have any tools, but if they break then you're screwed