How to install led door handles 2nd gen expy(03-06)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WHOISMOOTOO

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOOKS GOOD! cant wait to see the finished product, i do think it looks better in the center of the handle than the top, getting to the rear door handles really suck. i take it my instruction were pretty simple to follow

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
instructions were great the only thing i did diffrent was i tapped into the harness @ the block right above the speaker and didn't go thru the mirror @ all. yea that rear back bolt was a *&^^&.. lol it would be a lot easier if you just unbolt the door latch and pop off the chilp lock cover. then you have a straight shot. will post later tonight. thanks again for the idea. 1 question thou, when you unlock you truck does your courtesy light come on? i never noticed before, but when i unlock my doors with an aftermarket alarm my courtesy lights don't come on till i open the door..

Last edited:

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I unlock, all the lights come on.

thanks, since i had both of the heated seat modules replaced my lights don't come on anymore till i open the door. well another problem to look into..LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20100922_130953.jpg
    IMG_20100922_130953.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20100922_132248.jpg
    IMG_20100922_132248.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_20100922_132255.jpg
    IMG_20100922_132255.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
OP
OP
WHOISMOOTOO

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya mine does, when i bought it they were blown then i replaced all the inside lights with led and on the outside lights i did the courtesy lights and the license plate lights with leds ($27 total ebay all around) thats why i went thru the mirror, so when i hit the unlock on the key fob then all the lights including the door leds come on.

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its my aftermarket alarm, cause when i use the factory keypad everything lights up when i unlock it, on the aftermarket nothing lights up when i unlock..
i got a bad relay. in the alarm

Last edited:

alexwasserman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lights in handle itself

Hey guys,

I realize this is an older thread, but it's a really neat idea.

Ideally, what I want is to hide the lights themselves, and just have the light. So, I'm wondering if you can put the lights on the inner side of the handle - the bit you grab and pull, facing the car.

It would hide the drill holes, lights, and everything, but still shine in the right place.

Not sure how easy it is to get into the handle itself though.

OP
OP
WHOISMOOTOO

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
update, got some oem navi door handles and re did the lights, they look a lot better
IMAG0373.jpg
IMAG0372.jpg
IMAG0371.jpg

OP
OP
WHOISMOOTOO

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I realize this is an older thread, but it's a really neat idea.

Ideally, what I want is to hide the lights themselves, and just have the light. So, I'm wondering if you can put the lights on the inner side of the handle - the bit you grab and pull, facing the car.

It would hide the drill holes, lights, and everything, but still shine in the right place.

Not sure how easy it is to get into the handle itself though.

nope, those were my original intentions, this handles solid, but where theres a will theres a way, if you were to drill a cut in the plastic then possibly