How To: Kenwood DNX-5140 Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youtube it...thats how i found the way to do mine...type the model you have...Kenwood DNX-5140 bypass

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, you can probably do it yourself if you are confident with wiring, otherwise you can buy a very simple bypass off of either eBay or Amazon for around $10.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can probably do it yourself if you are confident with wiring, otherwise you can buy a very simple bypass off of either eBay or Amazon for around $10.

you tube will show/tell the specific wire and what/how to do...then show that it works...these are ppl doing it to their very own or friend's car...ive also seen a couple of shops on there showing it but mainly ppl like yall...lol

bobholthaus

Reaction score
YouTube is the number 2 search engine in the world behind google. Here in Missouri, the "show me state", we love YouTube for the exact reasons stated above! Ha.

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ground the parking brake wire from the HU. That's what I did and it works great.

Cousin Eddie

Reaction score
I can tell you that I am in the midst of installing a Pioneer Nav unit in my 04. The wiring harness for the factory Nav is not the same as your 05

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just like everyone else said, you simply take the parking brake sensor wire and ground it. Some headunits I've done need to "feel" the switch of it being engaged so I just put a simple toggle switch with one side going back to the headunit ground. Did this on my kenwood double din and everything works perfect