How to remove base center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Norexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I own a 04 EB Expedition.

I need to remove the base center console. I have already removed the top part, and 2 screwes on the back sides and 2 at the front (under the heater/AC display).

I can`t really see how to remove the rest of the console. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance :)

Marthin
Norway

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole center console? After you remove the top part (the one with the cupholders) I think there are a couple bolts that hold it down. This is assuming you removed the screws the rear of front seats.

At least that's what I remember from the manual. I'll post the actual instructions tomorrow after I hopefully get my CD drive working again.

OP
OP
N

Norexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your answer.

Yes, I want to remove the whole center console, and I have already removed the top part, and also the 2 screws at the rear of the front seats and 2 screws in front of the console.

I would be very grateful for the actual instructions.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After you've removed the top part, you should be able to see "into" the console.

console1.gif
1. Remove the bolt holding down the electrical connector.
2. Remove the connector.

console2.gif
Remove screws and bolts.

OP
OP
N

Norexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the informative answer. Will try this as soon as I`m back home from work.

Not many Expeditions in Norway, so hard to find any help home:)

OP
OP
N

Norexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very easy to remove:)

Thank you for all help

Marthin
Norway