how to take out the cup holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HFFH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my cup holder in the dash no longer springs out when you push it in. im amuseing that theres a spring in there that is broke. can anone wlk me through how to get it out. also its in a 01, it doesnt have the ash tray that pulls out underneath it like my 99 does. they look the same shape. anyone know if i can put the 99 style in the 01 dash?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had to replace mine on my 97. this is from wiki answers

Their are 2 tabs at the top of the cup/ashtray tray, pull the tray out to the fully locked position and use a flat object to hold down the tabs so that they clear the back side of the inside of the instrument panel. I used a screw driver, held one down, pulled slightly on that side of the tray, then held the other tab down and the whole tray came out. You will also have to twist the ash tray ligh bulb and wire to free the tray completely.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_yo..._dash_of_a_2000_Ford_Expedition#ixzz1Na2fbFKL

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok but has anyone done this im sorry dont mean to be rude or anything but is the cup holder repairable or does it have to be replaced. sorry hffh lol i got the same problem just never really payed much attention cause its out most the time. i would love to have this fixed

o and hffh head on over to the new member thread and introduce yourself everyone on here is super helpful. o and post some pics of your truck im just happy to see another first gen on here... no offense solismo.... cause i actually want sols truck lol newer and "el"