Husky Floor Liners vs. WeatherTech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry Smith

Reaction score
I have the Husky's and like that they are more pliable than the Weathertech's I have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and back are mats.

Savannah Dan

Reaction score
I had Weathertechs in my 2002 F350 crew cab. Fit, finish, and wear were great.
I bought Husky for my 2017 Expedition. Fit and finish were just as good as the Weathertechs. Wear looks like it will be just as good.

The 2-piece 2/3 row seat section will go in easier and align better if you take them out of the box and let them sit flat in the sun for a while.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1st Row Husky X-Act Fit

Just installed them all. First impressions are good, but I don't want to pass any judgement till they heat up some and lay a little more flat. it was 30F outside this morning, so they were a bit chilly and rigid.

mini_MVIMG_20190930_150353.jpg

mini_MVIMG_20190930_150514.jpg

mini_MVIMG_20190930_150635.jpg

mini_MVIMG_20190930_150803.jpg

Last edited:

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3rd Row Husky X-Act Fit & 2nd/3rd row overlap

Which way looks correct? 3rd over 2nd or 2nd over 3rd?

mini_MVIMG_20190930_151125.jpg

mini_MVIMG_20190930_151320.jpg

mini_MVIMG_20190930_152140.jpg

mini_MVIMG_20190930_152128.jpg

TheClassic

Reaction score
Looking at getting some of these. The Husky X-Act look nice but are much more expensive now then WeatherTech. ($336 vs $260 for a Max). What makes Husky $70 better? Are WeatherTech comparable quality to Husky X-Act or are they more like the Husky Weatherbeater.

Also WeatherTech asks whether I have bench or bucket 2nd row, while Husky doesn't. It looks like Husky is only set up for bucket seats.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The husky is set up for bench seats with the intent that you can stuff that center piece under the bench or trim it off if it doesn’t fit for you.

I’ve had both husky and weathertech in various trucks/ vehicles. Very much comparable when looking at the Xacts and the Weathertech mats. I have the Ford all weather mats that came with my Expy and a Husky Xact for the third row since Ford does not (or did not at the time) have mats for the third row.

Actually the weatherbeaters are closer to the weathertech mats. The Xacts are a bit softer.

Last edited:

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Living in the desert where it doesn't snow and rarely rains; I only wanted a cargo liner to protect the carpet behind the third-row in our Max. So, being frugal, I tried Husky. It did not fit properly and I returned it--apparently the mat was a tad too long, because the upraised rear lip would stop the lift gate from latching and it would open back up. To get it to latch, I would have to shove the mat against the seat back in order to provide clearance for the lift gate. I then bought a WeatherTech and it fits like a glove. Never had another issue with the lift gate not closing.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Living in the desert where it doesn't snow and rarely rains; I only wanted a cargo liner to protect the carpet behind the third-row in our Max. So, being frugal, I tried Husky. It did not fit properly and I returned it--apparently the mat was a tad too long, because the upraised rear lip would stop the lift gate from latching and it would open back up. To get it to latch, I would have to shove the mat against the seat back in order to provide clearance for the lift gate. I then bought a WeatherTech and it fits like a glove. Never had another issue with the lift gate not closing.

I've had a similar problem with mine as well, but have got it to stay for the most part. Did your latches on the sides not line up with the cutouts very well either?

Also, did yours have the rubber spikes on the bottom or was it pretty smooth? My Xacts in the front fit great and have the spikes, but the cargo weather beater (chat told me they don't make cargo in Xact) doesn't.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't recall any "spikes" on the underside, and given that these mats are molded into shallow "bowls," the problem as I saw it was that the lip that fit against the 3rd-row seat back just wasn't molded upright enough. I also didn't think that the side contours were the best fit, but i could have lived with that. I saved the box so I was able to return it to the vendor with no problem. Although they didn't come right out and say so, I got the impression that I was not the first to have a complaint about the fit of my Husky cargo mat.