Husky Floor Liners vs. WeatherTech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have noticed that my weathertech mats in the 2nd row interfere with sliding the captains chairs forward. If the lip on the mats isn’t laying perfectly flat, the sliding mechanism on the captains chairs gets hung up on the mats and won’t allow the captains chairs to slide forward.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't recall any "spikes" on the underside, and given that these mats are molded into shallow "bowls," the problem as I saw it was that the lip that fit against the 3rd-row seat back just wasn't molded upright enough. I also didn't think that the side contours were the best fit, but i could have lived with that. I saved the box so I was able to return it to the vendor with no problem. Although they didn't come right out and say so, I got the impression that I was not the first to have a complaint about the fit of my Husky cargo mat.

Yeah I know what you are talking about. when I got mine out of the box, the back lip that goes up against the seats was almost flat. it's since came up a bunch, but still could be more upright. I'm gonna have to see if I still have the box or not. My door is at least closing so it's not a total loss haha.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
The only thing I don't really like about the Weathertech's is the front one's and only due to aesthetics. They cover up the door sill plate's "Platinum". (pardon the mess) Other than that, they are great.20191105_093901.jpg 20191105_093819.jpg

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered the Husky Liners. Turns out the Weathertech have a one piece mat for the second and third rows, vs. two pieces for the Husky Liner. Just think cleaning will be so much easier if they're separate. Will rarely have anyone in the third row, but clean the front and second row almost weekly.

RobertM

Reaction score
Just received the weathertech after reading here. They fit great. I don’t like the weathertech stickers on the front mats ‘ going to peal them off and maybe finf a fotd sticker to replace them.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just received the weathertech after reading here. They fit great. I don’t like the weathertech stickers on the front mats ‘ going to peal them off and maybe finf a fotd sticker to replace them.
I wish weathertech offered some options for the sticker.... I assume they don’t because of copyrights.

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish weathertech offered some options for the sticker.... I assume they don’t because of copyrights.

I refused to purchase their billet bumper protectors because of the dumb logo on it. I get marketing f but not at the expense of consumer satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like my WeatherTech stickers, I payed hundreds of dollars for premium mats not no name stuff. I’d much rather it say WeatherTech than have people guessing I got them at Walmart. Ford isn’t in the business of making floor mats, I always find those silly looking. I took my OEM ones out long ago and these are much better.

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like my WeatherTech stickers, I payed hundreds of dollars for premium mats not no name stuff. I’d much rather it say WeatherTech than have people guessing I got them at Walmart. Ford isn’t in the business of making floor mats, I always find those silly looking. I took my OEM ones out long ago and these are much better.
Yeah, I don't mind the logos on the mats. But on the license plate rims and exterior stuff, it's too prominently displayed. They should come up with a logo to allow them to display in a more subtle way.

expeditiondriver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those who went with the OEM all weather floor mats, are you happy with the choice or did they turn out to be a mistake?