Hypertech tuning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

briangelc

Reaction score
Does anybody in the forum have actual experience with hypertech off-the-shelf tune for the 5.4 L? They are claiming very substantial power gains.
My first question would be has anybody in this forum installed their off-the-shelf tune and checked their results on a dyno? And secondly do they do it by running a very lean air fuel ratio? Of course after a while is very lean condition is going to cause some engine problems.
One of the other products they were selling with the retuning kit was low temperature thermostats. In that case they would be running rich condition tuning. Of course, prolonged rich conditions will fell plugs and catalytic converter's eventually. I guess I am very curious about the overall stochiometry of these tunes
http://www.hypertech.com/PerformanceGraphs/ford/5_4L_1999_Ford_F150_Expedition_E_150_E_350_42500.pdf

Last edited:
OP
OP
briangelc

briangelc

Reaction score
sorry, i need to move this to Gen 1 forum but dont know how to erase