I fixed my rattle drivers side rear door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jgkopp

Reaction score
It turned out to be the running boards. You can check them by tapping on them. Mine were not tight and were loose. The wind from driving on the freeway was making them clank around. Sounded like it was coming from inside the doors. We are on a long road trip now and I can say I fixed it. I am in the HVAC business and used a duct zip tie (Panduit) cut a tapered end and jammed it through the plastic clips that hold the plastic running boards. I cut the Panduit into 4 to 6" long peaces for this. The width of this strap happen to be the right width. Our rig is all quiet now and I am thankful for that. This has been about the only problem I have had with our expedition, we ordered it new from dealer per our specs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jgkopp

Reaction score
Photo of what I did.

photobhk.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jgkopp

Reaction score
I think so, fit nice and tight, the black plastic I used is UV resistant. Put almost 1K on it and nothing as far as rattle sounds go.