I found a 2011 EL with a perfect service history...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1exped

Reaction score
But it has 160K miles...Asking 12K. Don't know if you are allowed to link to the listing. Besides the engine, are there any major things that go wrong? Seems the trans are pretty stout. Paint looks good but seller mentioned Aluminum cancer, it is painted over.

It is from a salt belt state but I was told minimal rust.
KBB puts this limited in the 11-12 range. Still seems a bit high to me.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would check the frame right behind the front wheels. While the one you are looking at is newer than my 07, there's a plate on the frame that rusts pretty badly, especially on the passenger side. I think the ac drain drips on that one. I would also look at the back side of the door sills (on the body, not the doors) to see if there's any rot starting there, especially since you say it's from a rust belt state.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1exped

Reaction score
I would check the frame right behind the front wheels. While the one you are looking at is newer than my 07, there's a plate on the frame that rusts pretty badly, especially on the passenger side. I think the ac drain drips on that one. I would also look at the back side of the door sills (on the body, not the doors) to see if there's any rot starting there, especially since you say it's from a rust belt state.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip.

98-02 crown vic/panthers have that issue. If it gets bad enough the LCA can detach from the frame. Because of the a/c dryer. That rots out too, it is covered in a foam blanket.