I have angered my Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nasanieru

Nasanieru

Reaction score
I have been playing with the power steering a little bit. When the truck is idoling and I turn the steering wheel there is no sound, no squeek or grinding. So I am starting to think that it's not the steering. Going to try the tensioner...the sound only starts squealing around 1400 RPM and continues up from there. But, since I have owned the truck none of those things have been replaced...meaning the alternator, water pump, pully. If I can save myself the money only replacing what I can the better. lol.

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cant stress enough how great a stethascope can be for finding odd noises. They make ones for the auto industry with a long metal rod at the end that you can put on the engine or component to find where the noise is coming from. Harbor freight even sells them for like 5 bucks I think.

OP
OP
Nasanieru

Nasanieru

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff, Gonna have to do that. But, I think I mite have pin pointed where the sound is coming from. Changed the fluid in the Power Steering reservoir, And the sound went away for awhile and then came back. Guessing the fluid is old and the pump is old. Mite as well change both of them while I'm at it. Thanks for everyone helping in the matter, You all rock!

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Night want to try Mercon V in place of power steering fluid. That's what ford sends them out from the factory with and normally recommends in the owners manual.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeroday