I Keep Coming Back !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Discobee

Reaction score
I bought a 07 Eddie B EL....sold it for a conversion van (I like me a conversion van too)....sold the van and got another 07 Eddie B EL....sold the second one for another conversion van....sold that van and bought a 13 Limited in black/black! I keep returning to the trusty and familiar Expedition EL ! It's the best SUV ever!
1642286686815.jpg

OP
OP
Discobee

Discobee

Reaction score
Then I swapped out the wheels in the pic above (was kinda curbed) for a set of wheels/Pirelli tires that were takeoffs from a 2021 F150...but the rear wheel center caps could not be put back on because the center bolt stuck out by about 5/8"...should I add a spacer to it to make it fit, or are spacers not advised?

IMG_20220428_1636166.jpg

IMG_20220519_1257367.jpg

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Grab a sawzall and trim a couple threads off the axel end so the caps can fit. There is plenty of material there (I've done this on 3 Expy's now, no issues).

And while you're at it, swap out the lug nuts for solid Gorilla nuts or the like.

OP
OP
Discobee

Discobee

Reaction score
Hmmm the sawzall route seems interesting...knowing me, I'll probably F it up but that is an option.

I didn't like the stock wheels at all...wasn't chrome, was kinda thrashed by the curb, and too many grooves to clean haha

Super stoked to be in an Expy again though....unless another super cool conversion van is located hehe.

JKH13

Reaction score
I sawed my rears on two of mine. Piece of cake. Just cut enough off so it's done in one

Luis Gomez

Reaction score
I run spacer on mine and never had an issue I know some frown upon them due to safety if the spacer comes loose. But I can tell I used them for years and swapped wheels in the winter and summer and have never found a loose lug. just make sure you torque them down and you should be fine

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, like the original wheel too but would be a paine to keep clean. Are the rear axles all the same whether 2 or 4 wheel? Would like to get rid of my rims and use some 150 rims.

OP
OP
Discobee

Discobee

Reaction score
Thanks....my guess is that the 3rd Gen probably all the same? Maybe someone else more knowledgeable can chime in.

OP
OP
Discobee

Discobee

Reaction score
I sawed my rears on two of mine. Piece of cake. Just cut enough off so it's done in one
Sawzall with a good metal blade and let it rip? Did you have to do any sanding or filing on the bolt afterwards?