I need some Bilsteins. Is everyone OOS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Av8r

Reaction score
PNWExpy offered me his slightly used FX4 shocks, approx 10k miles. I installed them 2 weeks ago, and the ride was much improved vs the stock leaky shocks. We just got back from a 1600 mi ski trip from Texas to Colorado and back and the shocks preformed great! The tires on the other had were absolutely horrible in the snow, but that's a whole separate issue.

OP
OP
A

Av8r

Reaction score
I also see them on Summit Racing
I personally do not need them at this time. We will see how the FX4 ones do after a few trips pulling the travel trailer here in the next few months.

But before our ski trip the only place I found with a ship date was Summit, and they stated (I believe) a ship date of 3/5/22. I just went and checked and it now shows 5/20/22. Idk if they did get some in and immediately ran oos or if the date got pushed back again. But from some quick searching is still looks like everyone is oos.

Good luck to anyone who needs them and can find some!

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally do not need them at this time. We will see how the FX4 ones do after a few trips pulling the travel trailer here in the next few months.

But before our ski trip the only place I found with a ship date was Summit, and they stated (I believe) a ship date of 3/5/22. I just went and checked and it now shows 5/20/22. Idk if they did get some in and immediately ran oos or if the date got pushed back again. But from some quick searching is still looks like everyone is oos.

Good luck to anyone who needs them and can find some!
The ship date at Summit got pushed back again. I ordered mine last July and the estimated ship date was September. Then it was pushed to November, then January, then March, and now May. I don't think they know when they're coming; they just push the date out every 2 months and hope for the best.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilstiens are now on back-order until early October. This is coming directly from Bilstien, they don't have the parts on hand to manufacture the shocks currently... My rears arrived but my fronts have no estimated ship date.

Elcid

Reaction score
Well this sucks. What's an alternative? I have another leaking OEM rear shock and I'm tired of replacing them waiting on Bilsteins. Is there another decent option without going full suspension lift?

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well this sucks. What's an alternative? I have another leaking OEM rear shock and I'm tired of replacing them waiting on Bilsteins. Is there another decent option without going full suspension lift?
Other than King and Icon, no there are no other options. King will run you about $3,500 for a complete set and Icon starts at about $4,500 for a complete set, and this is for their entry level setups. It should be noted that these setups are more geared to enthusiasts that frequently take their vehicle off-road.

My outfitter said that King is currently back ordered as well, and Icon only has there $5,000+ setup in stock.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilstiens are now on back-order until early October. This is coming directly from Bilstien, they don't have the parts on hand to manufacture the shocks currently... My rears arrived but my fronts have no estimated ship date.
When did you order yours? I placed my order last July. The fronts arrived but I've been waiting on the rears ever since.