I need the idiots guide to AppLink on my Navigator with iPhone 7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Related question (possibly): every single darn time I turn on my truck (Expi) I get a message pop up telling me that sync can automatically check for updates; I’m given the option to view available networks or close....how can I make it stop?

I already have automatic updates enabled and I am connected to my home WiFi, so everything the system needs to automatically check for the system updates is already turned on! It’s just annoying to have to click “close” every single time I go somewhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On my 17 with Sync3 once I set up and connected to my home network, It never asked me to connect again. I would try allowing it to connect to your home network It may have lost the connection.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree with this last comment. I would double check your WiFi connection, possibly weak signal if you park outside or garage is far away from router. If these don’t work you can always disable automatic updates and just check for updates yourself online... idk. Random alerts are annoying.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once it’s setup to connect with your home WiFi, I’m certain the message won’t come up again at home. But what if you’re someplace else and it finds other WiFi signals upon startup. Will that message always pop up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Once it’s setup to connect with your home WiFi, I’m certain the message won’t come up again at home. But what if you’re someplace else and it finds other WiFi signals upon startup. Who’ll that message always pop up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a setting in the WiFi section for the car to alert you to WiFi that you can turn on or off.