I would like to know ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ04

Reaction score
I have copies of 2004 Ford Expeditin Service Books, one of which is on DTCs and one DTC # P0620 - Generator Control Circuit Failure, describes the situation thusly:
"The PCM reads the I-Line (or the ALF) and sends a DTC through the network when the I-Line (or ALF) indicates a fault." The next column lists Possible Causes:
Among which are various possible problems with the ILC circuit and the ALF circuit. What are those?
The last column has Diagnostic Aides, one of which says: "Verify battery voltage is 14.5V". What's going on there?
I can't find any info on ALF and ILC, not even in the official Acronyms and Definitions section, and I am confused about battery voltage being so high.
And so, experts, please enlighten me!

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine last time I checked was around 14.3-.5. Load depending. I upgraded to the higher stock alternator from rockauto. When the original one went out. So 130amps.