Icon vs Kings.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have been making vehicle specific kits for a while @Fozzy It's only when you get into the bigger shocks they only come untuned.

@Brian Underwood
Did they say what size bodies they went with? 2, 2.5, or 3"?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have been making vehicle specific kits for a while @Fozzy It's only when you get into the bigger shocks they only come untuned.

@Brian Underwood
Did they say what size bodies they went with? 2, 2.5, or 3"?

Even the SxS shocks need to be tuned. But they are a race application. The site says 2.5” front and back.
3d0036d7e0826ec7151ce2f3bb793318.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ooooh, do you have the install book for the rear? Would love to see pictures... I looked on their site and didn't see anything about the Expi kit...

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I cant post pictures or links yet but the item number are as follows.

Fronts- 25001-182A
Rears- 25001-183A

A is at the end is for the adjustable ones.
Also 4wd parts store online just put a link up

Tys expedition

Reaction score
there's a guy in phoenix with the icon kit. I've seen it in parking lots but never met the owner. it looks good. i ran icons on my tacoma and was satisfied with them. icon tests their vehicle specific kits pretty well before rolling them out. depending price of what you want to do there are a number of solutions to get the ride your looking for. at the price you quoted i would go icon. UCA's run between 800-1200 and if you're getting the billet icons they're a very nice bit of kit. personally id go with the delta joint ones as they'll stay quiet for a reasonable amount of time. im guessing that since you're looking at a kit you'd like minimal maintenance. maybe that's not the case. custom coilover's be it king or icon have a rebuilt interval, and rebuilds usually put your truck down for a few days to a couple weeks depending on the shop doing the rebuild or if they ship them out. you can convert to full gen 2 raptor swap in the font with all new factory ford parts for about 3k installed. if you can find the uca's/lca's used you can do it for a grand less. the factory wheel travel is atrocious and just a little lift won't net you a ton more. if you like the raptor ride you could certainly get it in the front. the back is really tricky because the axles pass through the frame limiting lift options with serious engineering and fab work. a new uca should allow for more travel up front. i doubt you'd be disappointed with the icon kit. i doubt the king kit would give you any benefit. i doubt the necessity of remote reservoirs. i mobbed my taco pretty hard and never had shock fade without resis. icon specs the same coilovers for multiple different applications some with and some without. their customer service is pretty good. id guess they'd be able to put together the same kit without resis for quite a discount making it cheaper than the kings and including ucas. we're kind of right on the edge of this thing being too new. if you can wait a little while bilstein will release its 6112 kit for the expi or you could just use the f150 kit up front. its not a fancy bypass setup but its so much better than stock in an f150 im sure it would perform similarly in the expi. my best friend did 6112's in his f150 after i convinced him of the pros nd cons. he's very satisfied with it. that's the best bang for your buck shock on the market. almost a 2.5 (its like 2.36 or something). my bilsteins on my 4runner are going on 60k miles without a hiccup and they're cheap enough to replace not rebuild. the f150 kit cost under a grand installed.