Ideas to make '14 Limited look a little different.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an Expy 13, Ive changed all lighting to LED. Upgraded the original 20 tires to 22s and ordered/installed the Platinum level rims.

How do you like the ride on the 22"s? I used to have a aftermarket set that I loved, but the ride was a lot rougher compared to 20"s.
And if you dont mind me asking, where and how much did you get those Platinum wheels from/ for?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score

buzzie0013

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gixer2000
whats the rear chrome piece #, and how did you remove the old rear badges? i was under the impression that there would be holes to fill

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gixer2000
whats the rear chrome piece #, and how did you remove the old rear badges? i was under the impression that there would be holes to fill
The badges are held on by automotive double-sided tape. a heat gun should take them off.

This is what Gixer said earlier about putting on the trim piece.

It attaches just like the stock trim except you need to drill 6 holes in the liftgate for the extra push pin fasteners. I also needed to remove the stock badges that were in line with the moulding. The wiring required a little more work. The plate light sockets are not the same so you need the wiring harness. Took like 2 hours to get the whole thing done but worth it. The glass release is now under the N and my aftermarket camera fit right into the factory socket on thr moulding

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Gixer2000
No holes behind the badges but I don't know the part number. If you look at my last post I left a link for one thats for sale.

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI, only the oval Ford badge has alignment holes. Not that you'd want to take it off or anything.

There are various part numbers for the liftgate trim, depending on regular length or EL, chrome or the satin dark grey, nearly black finish, etc. FL14- F43404-A, for example, is the EL chrome trim. It has "EL" molded/raised on the passenger side.

I've had 20s, 21s, and 22s on my truck and honestly the ride difference is negligible. Tire quality is an important factor.

lstrejcek

Reaction score
Anybody have the OEM part number for the rear lift gate chrome nameplate bezel that gixer installed? The part number Flexpedition listed above is for the EL; I have a regular length

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have the OEM part number for the rear lift gate chrome nameplate bezel that gixer installed? The part number Flexpedition listed above is for the EL; I have a regular length
You are probably going to have to call your Ford dealer to get the part number. From what I understand they are about $400 new. You might find one in a junk yard. My service told me that before they warranty that part, Ford make the take pictures of it from all angles to make sure that nobody tried to pry it off. So they must be pretty pricey if they are doing that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire