im gonna kill my truck......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
friday night it started shaking sputtering and misfiring, saturday i took it by the mechanic he told me to bring it back monday morning (just got back from the shop) well Im so pissed right now cause this morning it didn't shake didn't misfire or anything.....I told my mechanic just change the fu*king plugs if it doesn't do anything today. it wont throw a damn code or anything its so frustrating to figure out whats wrong or which col pack is bad. and yes i already checked that little elbow that develops the crack and vacuum leak the hose is fine

omegalita

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine...
Took out the sparks and coils, seems everthing fine, no spark was wet! And there was no code... Pictures here

Don't know where else to search...

By the way: which "elbow" do you mean? How cann affect a vakum leak this situation?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
behind the intake plenum, check the thread labeled "rough idle" its all about that little elbow, it has a strong vacuum and if it gets a hole in it it really messes up the way the truck runs, but for me that wasn't the problem....that would have been to simple. maybe your coils are bad not the plugs, im expecting to replace atleast 2 coils, there hard to test

omegalita

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked that by unplugging each coil. By each unplugged Coil, the idle has gone down... Therefore, I think, my coils are good.

But i know, there can be a missfunction too...

I am in thoughts for you and hop that we can get a solution and our trucks running again!

Just a half men without my Gator....:bawl:

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea i hope to have my truck back to normal by wensday, i need my truck, thats my only way of getting around so right now it sucks having to ask for a ride to work and whatever else.

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and out of my friends im the only one with a good vehicle to ride around in, so right now all of us are fu*ked.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
friday night it started shaking sputtering and misfiring, saturday i took it by the mechanic he told me to bring it back monday morning (just got back from the shop) well Im so pissed right now cause this morning it didn't shake didn't misfire or anything.....I told my mechanic just change the fu*king plugs if it doesn't do anything today. it wont throw a damn code or anything its so frustrating to figure out whats wrong or which col pack is bad. and yes i already checked that little elbow that develops the crack and vacuum leak the hose is fine

That definately sounds ignition related. If you go through all plugs and coil packs you may find evidence of misfiring plug. The higher the load the more likely to get misfire so it will not always be evident at low loads or idle.

If mass air sensor is acting up it could also give similar symptoms.

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tom thanks for the info but theres is just one thing about that theory, sitting at idle friday night, it was shaking like my cousins grand prix with a 400 lift cam. it better not be the mass air flow sensor yet, that muthas getting replaced with one from jet in the summer. i really hope its the plugs so i can have my truck back by wensday at the latest. to my knowledge this is the first tune up its ever had

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
tom thanks for the info but theres is just one thing about that theory, sitting at idle friday night, it was shaking like my cousins grand prix with a 400 lift cam. it better not be the mass air flow sensor yet, that muthas getting replaced with one from jet in the summer. i really hope its the plugs so i can have my truck back by wensday at the latest. to my knowledge this is the first tune up its ever had

The higher the load the more likely to get misfire so it will not always be evident at low loads or idle.

That was more for the benefit of omegalita that checking coils at idle may not identify it. Misfire is more likely at higher loads but this is not to say it will not misfire at idle. I would look for signs of carbon tracking or moisture on spark plug, spark plug boot and coil. Many times a misfiring plug will look far worse than the others at the business end also.

By the way ... a .400 lift cam is nothing if you are speaking of valve lift. Most stock cams are more than that. But really its the duration and lobe seperation or lack thereof that create the lope . :p

Last edited:

omegalita

Full Access Members
Reaction score

That was more for the benefit of omegalita that checking coils at idle may not identify it. Misfire is more likely at higher loads but this is not to say it will not misfire at idle. I would look for signs of carbon tracking or moisture on spark plug, spark plug boot and coil. Many times a misfiring plug will look far worse than the others at the business end also.

I have misfire beginning at normal 850 or so...
Pics of the sparks you will see here!

For now, i change all the sparks and the coils. Next step, if still nod ok, i will check the ignition valves or clean them with ultrasonic...

Last edited: