Installation 2008 up Nav unit from a Lincoln in 2004 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHOBrad

Reaction score
Is this even possible or is it a huge PITA? I want a in-dash nav and backup camera but want to keep a factory look and feel with a Ford part. I've checked out the aftermarket units and they all feel or look cheap and added-on (in my opinion of course).

Is the newer factory radio just a 2-din with 4 little metal ears added? What about the wiring?

Thanks!
Brad

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's probably a huge PITA. The radio in my Fusion was a bit larger than the opening in my 2004 Expedition. There was a Nav system in 2006 (I think) that should fit, you might have to do some franken wiring. Personally, I would go aftermarket. You'll get more functionality for less cost & effort.

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm hunting around for an '07 Expy and there are a few that I like but no Nav. I was wondering if it was possible to install a Nav system and still retain the steering wheel controls.

blackdragon

Reaction score
Brad, I concur with Madtxn, YES BIG PITA...go aftermarket, easier to hook up, more functionality, still get great look. The new Pioneers are cheesy, Alpine is good but costly, Kenwwod is not bad but I dont like the menus, personally Im goin with the Jensen VM9022HDN, lots of features not bad looking either, they have teamed up with Audiovox and doin great, here check it out: http://mobile.jensen.com/jensen/Jen...Y_MOBILEMULTIMEDIA&ACTION_PRODUCT_ID=VM9022HD