Intake Plenum gasket??..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Sexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, i've been having issues with it staying running and then out of no where a bad miss started. Had the codes scanned came back to a misfire on #1 cylinder. Took it to my mechanic, he just called me and said my intake plenum was leaking preventing it from staying running. Are the plenum's plastic? Should I be at all concerned about warping or possibly already warped issues?? My guy said its gonna run me about 270$ to fix, before he can determine if the coil is bad or not for cylinder #1.. this is ridiculous, just bought it and already putting money into it! FML

E92_Expo

Reaction score
What engine do you have? Plenum gaskets are only about $20 online. So if he is charging you $270 with labor to replace the gasket, that really is not all that high. If you have a bad coil, you may want to go ahead and replace all of them. I have also read that the plenum itself can dry rot and begin to crack in places over time.

Best of luck!

OP
OP
98Sexpedition

98Sexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
great, something i have to look forward to. i take it they are plastic then.