Intelligent access of rear passenger side door stopped working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I lived this as well about a year ago. Battery was still under the three year/36,000 mile warranty. I had it to the dealer three times. My biggest concern is that the interior lights would go out in under a minute instead of the 10 minutes designed. The dealer paid for a rental car for five or six days to “run diagnostics“. I told them I thought it was the battery as I could charge it and it would work for a few days. They kept saying the battery checked normal. They spent more on the rental car then they would’ve spent on two Batteries. I bought a new interstate at Costco. All issues solved.

SwampFox

Reaction score
Hi All -
I have similar issues here. I bought a used 2018 model (Navigator) and the original battery worked but was weak enough that it was disabling some functions (I learned that here in this forum). The drive modes and ASS were disabled.

I charged the battery and drive modes were enabled. The IA "twitched" (seemed to try to function but did not fully) when I opened the door. ASS was not enabled.

I changed fob battery and put a new battery in the car and now have ASS but still no IA.

I have these codes:
B1337:01 - R/F Door external antenna
B1336:01 - L/F Door External Antenna
B1382:15 - R/F Door handle proximity sensor

I called my local dealer and they can't even figure out what parts I need but will charge me $200 to scan the codes and have service tell them what parts.

Any ideas from this thread on where to start? I'm wondering if the handles themselves have the antenna/sensor and are not working but I'm not sure.

20ExpyOwner

Reaction score
Agree totally with Going_Going_Gone and Leadfoot17. Local auto parts store said the battery health was ok, but only at 39% charge. My little NoCo charger eventually kicked off with a "Bad Battery - Will Not Hold a Charge" indicator. A new battery solved all of the issues: IA on the passenger side, start/stop, radio shut off after 2 minutes instead of 10 minutes after engine stop. From what I've read, resetting the BMS is optional, but I did.