iPhone text messages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now I understand why you are looking for a software update. I think Ford and Microsoft ended their partnership on the original Sync system. This might be a question that @LokiWolf might have some insight into or at least a resource you could go to for a solution.

I was wondering before if there was some type of hack that can be done with the software

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall reading there was on last update for the early sync systems but I don't recall where I saw it at this point. I'll have to keep thinking about.

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recall reading there was on last update for the early sync systems but I don't recall where I saw it at this point. I'll have to keep thinking about.

According to sync my ride I have the latest update. So if that’s the case. How could I get it to work

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright, let me see if I can clarify a few things.

There have been 3 flavors of Sync

1 or just Sync that @DFendersExpy has.

2 or the Black 4 Quadrant Version that most people refer to it as. I know 2015’s had this, but not sure the first year this made it to the Expy.

3 the white or 3 quadrant System. 2016 on Expy’s have this.

I have no experience with the first version as I never owned a Ford of that generation. I have experience with 2 and 3.

For 3 the Show Notifications MUST be set to use the built in Sync texting. Both Sync 2 and 3 can use Siri for texting also, witch in my opinion is far better and easier to use than Syncs built in function. Original Sync one had very little support for devices and the texting function, it was a VERY underdeveloped feature. I suggest try holding the voice response and see if Siri responds.

Sync 3 runs circles around all of the previous versions. 2.3 is the most current version of Sync 3.

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright, let me see if I can clarify a few things.

There have been 3 flavors of Sync

1 or just Sync that @DFendersExpy has.

2 or the Black 4 Quadrant Version that most people refer to it as. I know 2015’s had this, but not sure the first year this made it to the Expy.

3 the white or 3 quadrant System. 2016 on Expy’s have this.

I have no experience with the first version as I never owned a Ford of that generation. I have experience with 2 and 3.

For 3 the Show Notifications MUST be set to use the built in Sync texting. Both Sync 2 and 3 can use Siri for texting also, witch in my opinion is far better and easier to use than Syncs built in function. Original Sync one had very little support for devices and the texting function, it was a VERY underdeveloped feature. I suggest try holding the voice response and see if Siri responds.

Sync 3 runs circles around all of the previous versions. 2.3 is the most current version of Sync 3.

Well I guess either have the head unit switch to a sync 3 or hope there will be. Update that will fix this issue. Or have someone hack the software

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There won’t be any more updates, so I’d give up on that. Microsoft has stopped doing updates on Sync 2 even though some European Fords were still getting it last year.
I find it unlikely that upgrading to Sync 3 would even work in a 2011, as it is connected to the APIM for the 3 and the Expedition didn’t even get Sync 2 until the redesign in 2015.
You’re probably going to be stuck going aftermarket if you want to be able to hear/see texts through the head unit. No one out there has even tried to do any hacking of the original Sync from what I’ve seen.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There won’t be any more updates, so I’d give up on that. Microsoft has stopped doing updates on Sync 2 even though some European Fords were still getting it last year.
I find it unlikely that upgrading to Sync 3 would even work in a 2011, as it is connected to the APIM for the 3 and the Expedition didn’t even get Sync 2 until the redesign in 2015.
You’re probably going to be stuck going aftermarket if you want to be able to hear/see texts through the head unit. No one out there has even tried to do any hacking of the original Sync from what I’ve seen.

It would be like hacking into a calculator. "We're in!....now what?"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69