Is anyone having good experiences with 22+?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you all test driving the vehicle before buying? Dows the comfort issues not show up at all during the test drive?

wylie

Reaction score
In my case I test drove locally and then I purchased out of state, due to needing the HD tow, and picked it up. I didn’t notice an issue until about 4000 miles on the vehicle.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I came on here to comment because I recently bought a 2023 Limited with HD Tow. In fact I ordered the SUV without HD Tow but it was required to be put on after I ordered. The suspension is very rough and my 2 year old in the back seat is getting jostled around quite a bit. The car seat is completely secured and it's shaking so much that the seat is rattling on every surface bump on the road. I'm already having major regrets buying this car.

Last week I took it in to the dealership because a noticed there was a large hood gap on the drivers side. The dealership was able to close the gap a bit, but both sides of the hood are a somewhat noticeable difference. The speaker cover in the front dashboard is warped as well, so they are ordering a new part. It wasn't until after I drove the SUV home and installed the new car seat for my son that I noticed how rough it was in the second and third row. I didn't order the CCD because I didn't like the interior styling of the Stealth Package. I drove a 2022 VW Atlas before this thinking this would be an upgrade, and the ride quality of the Atlas was much better than my Expedition. Am I alone with these issues and what should I do to get them corrected? Could this be the tires and the fact it's on 22 inch wheels? How much more will I need to spend to have a comfortable ride? What tires are you using for comfort?

I don't want to come across as complaining or bashing the car, I'm just dealing with quality issues and I want to be loyal to Ford. I just want some solutions, with the final solution being to take a loss and sell the Expedition. My dealership is being helpful so far and I'm looking for any advice or success others have had here to rectify some issues.
I feel you. My truck has rough ride too. Expedition is a truck itself in the end.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What rides are everyone comparing their trucks against? Just curious. For me, I think my dads escalade has the best ride in an fs suv I've been in so far, but my nav isn't far behind. Without the air suspension, the denalis my wife and I have driven are less comfy than our nav. The wagoneer and nav is about equal, with the wagoneer having better build quality. No sequoia old or new has been tested yet, but I would like to test the new one. Armada pre refresh was nice, but not as good as my expy or nav. The new fords do feel "stiffer" atleast in ccd form than my nav.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn’t get CCD on mine and I have the 304a package with HD tow, so pretty much as “rough” as ford makes it. I would like a smoother ride too, but sadly there aren’t many “fixes” for this. I run Defender LTX M/S tires. They help a bit, but not changing suspension characteristics.
My kids in back notice the firmness, So does my wife when she has been back there.
Loaded with a few hundred lbs of weight, it rides much better. Empty you feel it.
In retrospect, I would have take. @dlcorbett advice and gotten CCD.
Do you mind change to 20 inches wheels? But, what a waste on those 22s it is.