Is it starter/starter solenoid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

irishinontario

Reaction score
Went to leave wotk today abd turbed key,
Just a click, second time i turned the key, there wasn't even a click
The instrument panel, radio, a/c all worked and i tried boosting and still 1 click

Would it be the solenoid or starter and csn i get a link to replace

Thanks

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would be nice to know what year vehicle you have since the wiring has changed from one generation to the next.....

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would it be the solenoid or starter and csn i get a link to replace

Thanks

Now is the time to troubleshoot the problem and find the faulty part.

Rather than listening to those that will say its the solenoid or the starter and you end up replacing a part only to find out you replaced the wrong part.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reminds me of a "no start" I'm working on now. Except that his is an intermittent problem.

Preferred troubleshooting method:
Check the battery first - you need to establish that you have enough power to start the engine.
I'm going to assume that your starter relay is one of the 4/5 blade ISO relays used in the battery junction box on the later generations. If you have a test light or meter, check for voltage between 85 and ground and 86 and ground with the ign switch in "start". One of those should have power when the ign switch is turned to start. If it doesn't then you need the wiring diagrams and connector pinouts to start probing the circuits.

Common troubleshooting method:
Toss parts at the problem - eventually you will get it or run out of money.
relay
ignition switch
smart junction box

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjuststeven