Is remote start factory equipped but not necessarily enabled on all Gen 3 or 2011?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
I guess I clicked "watch" so that I could read more about it. Good point. I usually do some more research before purchasing. Hence this thread. :)

Also, I'd like to do this before Christmas for my wife. This Christmas. So, good call on the China thing.

By the way, a lot of the auctions say "modified for Ford". The word "modified" does not sound good to me.

If you have a suggested brand/model, I'd love to know. Thanks.
That "modified" is probably the switch to change modes.

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 09 EB. I found an OEM remote start on ebay and I think I spent less than $60 on it. It was an easy install, plug and play. The biggest issue was pulling off the cover around the steering column. Mine only starts with a separate fob, no controls for seated seats etc. I usually leave my defroster set on high in the winter and AC set max cold in the summer when using remote start. Best Ebay buy I ever made....

OP
OP
hawkman71

hawkman71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 09 EB. I found an OEM remote start on ebay and I think I spent less than $60 on it. It was an easy install, plug and play. The biggest issue was pulling off the cover around the steering column. Mine only starts with a separate fob, no controls for seated seats etc. I usually leave my defroster set on high in the winter and AC set max cold in the summer when using remote start. Best Ebay buy I ever made....

Dang. That sounds like a deal.

My '15 GMC Sierra (company truck) has remote start but the Heat/AC does not come on with the ignition - unless there's a way to change that. I'll have to look into it. I'm hoping that the Expy is how you say - leave it set the way you want it in the morning and it'll start like that.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can just pull the panel where the adjustable pedal button, etc is. Takes 5 minutes. If it was installed at the factory the ********* box will be back there.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW: Guys....it you don't have Remote Start on your wifes car/truck....and you aren't sure what to get her(or yourself) for Christmas, Hanukkah or any other excuse, BUY HER THE REMOTE START! She will thank you every single cold day....forever!

When was the last time you spent a couple of hundred dollars for something for her and she still thanked you for it a YEAR later?

Kerry loves the RS I bought for her last Christmas......just say'in.

jeff

OP
OP
hawkman71

hawkman71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW: Guys....it you don't have Remote Start on your wifes car/truck....and you aren't sure what to get her(or yourself) for Christmas, Hanukkah or any other excuse, BUY HER THE REMOTE START! She will thank you every single cold day..
jeff

That's my plan!

Char17EL

Reaction score
If their is no "enable remote start" option on forscan, does anyone knowwhat blocks to change to activate it? I have seen people talk about it but no one has said what values to change. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65