Jeep Wagoneer Specs Released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The pictures I’ve seen of the two new vehicles really impress me - especially the interior shots.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was comparing the 5.7 hemi making max torque 404 lb ft @ 3,950 rpm vs 420 lb ft @ 2,500 rpm 3.5 Ecoboost. I do like the fact the 5.4 makes max torque at a lower than normal gas V8 , that’s why it’s a good truck engine. I also forgot to mention that by having max torque show up at normal Highway cruising speeds it helps keep the transmission from searching for a gear to get the job done. This is also a benefit for the trans life as well. If you tow a lot like I do especially in the mountains, which I also do, the low end torque of the Ecoboost is an absolute game changer. I still love my V8’s also .....this picture is my 69 390 4V IP FE big block out of my 69 Eliminator. It was factory rated 427 lb ft @ 3,200 rpm and 320 hp @ 4,600 rpm. which would work great in a truck with those torque numbers. I have done extensive engine and head work along with a big flat tappet cam which has moved those numbers higher up in the rpm range now I’m sure. It sure sounds better than my EcoboostView attachment 40953 View attachment 40954 as far as mean sounding goes.

I like both engines for the record and would own either. I just don’t drink kool-aid from either side that says one or the other shouldn’t exist. Ford forums are anti V8 these days and GM forums are anti turbo. Both sides fail to realize the benefits of the other and have a circle jerk with their confirmation bias. Both are good packages.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like both engines for the record and would own either. I just don’t drink kool-aid from either side that says one or the other shouldn’t exist. Ford forums are anti V8 these days and GM forums are anti turbo. Both sides fail to realize the benefits of the other and have a circle jerk with their confirmation bias. Both are good packages.
Absolutely! If I didn’t tow, like probably 80 percent or maybe even more of Expedition owners that don’t, I’d probably prefer a NA V8 for daily beating around. Nice sound and crisp throttle response with no lag.

lurch

Reaction score
The 10,000lbs of towing and 4 corner air has me interested but I don't know if I could bear the thought of purchasing another FCA product. I loved my Durango but the dealer could not fix the evap system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JasonH

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah that thing is going to need to look a lot better in person than in the pictures and have a pretty badass warranty. $100k+ for a Chrysler is big ask.

At this pricing level, I think many consumers may be leasing instead. Especially with FCA's poor reputation for quality.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 10,000lbs of towing and 4 corner air has me interested but I don't know if I could bear the thought of purchasing another FCA product. I loved my Durango but the dealer could not fix the evap system.
Look for Ford to up their towing in the near future so they can still claim best in class towing with the Expedition like they are claiming in their commercials now.