Just curious- why no interior release on fuel filler door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have one...got it directly from Ford parts Department. Its called "Easy Fuel lock" with a key. I bought it because I've had people tried to siphon fuel out of my tank...although its very had to do I just didn't want them messing with my Expedition Limited....
This is the easy fuel lock https://accessories.ford.com/products/locking-fuel-plug but it says it's only for 2010-2017 Expeditions.

Rossue

Reaction score
Are you sure?? My 2018 Limited does NOT lock! I know this because my 5 year old grandson got in the habit of opening it (doors always locked) whenever he walked by. If it is supposed to lock I WILL fix it!!
Positive it does. Maybe part of the 202A option.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Checked mine while vehicle was locked (2019 XLT). Fuel door was not locked. Not sure if I have that option, but it seems odd to include it as part of an option group. Maybe there’s a setting?

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is not so. No 4th gen has a locking fuel door. I have a 2018 xlt 202A packaged expedition and the filler door does not lock. You simply push in to pop it out. Now if you’re not precise with where to push, it won’t pop out. You can purchase the filler neck locking caps to secure the ez-fill filler neck, but that is the extent of securing the fuel ports on the 4th gen expeditions.