Just landed with my new Ex!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyo

Reaction score
Hello Hello!

I just picked up the new family 2011 Expedition Limited. My wife traded in her grocery getter and was actually sad for haveing to let it go. But I must say, it handles like a dream and it won't be long before my wife adjusts.

So what do I need to do to properly break in this bad boy? Any suggestions? This is the first SUV for the both of us, so your feedback is welcome!

Thanks, Joeyo

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
biggest thing to do is be gentle for the first 500 miles or so.... don't drive it like you stole it...lol... but just take care of it and it will last... welcome to the forum

phoenix101703

Reaction score
are you planning to make any upgrades with it already? Or are you just talking about "TLC" suggestions?
Does it have stock rims or aftermarket?

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you want it to last forever, spring for synthetic fluids for the life of the vehicle. the extra protection will really show once you reach 150,000 miles.

follow your scheduled maintenance intervals, and just be kind to it in general, and it should last long enough for your kids to wreck it. lol

but remember these things are built FORD tough, and that's no joke, take it out and have fun with it.

OP
OP
J

joeyo

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I'm definitely going with synthetics. I purchased the ESP through Ford, all major and general maintenance is covered except break pads, plugs etc.

Just looking to take care of her so it's a good experience overall.

Not trying to Modify Anything, although If I could I would upgrade the sound system. I have aftermarket sound for my other two cars, but it's always overkill...

Thanks everyone!