K&N FIPK Intake and Flowmaster exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JoshC

Reaction score
I'm glad someone has good results:( My wife is wanting to sell the Expedition because of the fuel consumption/cost. I'm trying to hold her off because i love the truck, but i don't know.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm putting headers and a exhaust on it now, that should help some. If you'll willing to put that much into it you'll get something better. Mind you the exhaust is 1k plus for me CAD. I've spent about 2 grand in performance accesories, so you'll need to drive it a lot to get the money back. Unless you care about the enviorment.

Buy GM, they're generally a bit better on gas. Or surrender your nuts for an import.

OP
OP
J

JoshC

Reaction score
I'll never buy a GM, ugly trucks. I drove the truck today and i've confirmed that the mileage is worse the then stock, but i still love to drive it. We were suppose to go up to Columbus OH to drive/buy an Explorer. So it's on the way out unfortunatly.

thereason21

Full Access Members
Reaction score
awww come on dont sell it, i went from a 30 mpg 01 neon to a 14 mpg 97 expy. I needed the space and towing, ill tell ya what I may never leave an expy. I just ordered my K&N 77 series so ill tell ya what i think. Explorers get only minimal better MPG than the expy. i was lookin at some before deciding the 3rd row seating was a better option for me ...

OP
OP
J

JoshC

Reaction score
We just had a talk this evening about getting an explorer and we've decided to sit on it for a few weeks. The expy has everything we'll even need/want in a truck and then some. For the record I wasn't for saleing the truck! We got such a good deal on it and we owe less then 10,000 on it and it's just such a comfy ride. If i can get the mileage back up a little bit then she'll be okay with it. I've been trying to get ahold of green03 but his PM box is full. That was a couple of weeks ago though. I need to talk about that chip again.

OP
OP
J

JoshC

Reaction score
You all think that if i go back to the exhaust shop and have my tail pipe cut off, 3" and have a 2.5" put back on would help with my low end/backpressure/mileage?

CrackerExpy

Reaction score
Going back to the stock diameter would definitely help. Like Green said, if it isn't tuned (which of course, is more money) 3" is not worth the trouble. If you want a little reduced back pressure, and the sound, just swap the muffler and use stock piping.