K9 interceptor specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jason dubois

Reaction score
forgive me, new to forums all together, not just this one. Recently bought an 09 k9 interceptor. Can’t seem to find specs anywhere I search. Pretty sure it would have upgraded suspension, cooling, possibly upgraded alternator, tune, etc, but I’d like to know where I can find out for sure. All I can find specs for is current models. It had the notorious “I need plugs and coil packs” shudder when I bought it. I have another 3v in my 06 f350 and a 2v in my 01. This thing is a whole different animal!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Search online for Ford Expedition SSV brochure. What you probably have is the Special Service Vehicle package, which is an XLT trim with some variations.

Here's some reading you may enjoy.

https://www.dms.myflorida.com/content/download/52059/220273/file/071-132-s004.pdf
https://www.justnet.org/pdf/msp2008report.pdf

I don't want to break your bubble, but other than the doggy smell you get when it's rainy outside, your SSV canine carrier probably doesn't have too much special. From what I recall, the SSV's have:

Rubber floor carpeting,
Omitted console,
Omitted running boards,
Steel wheels,
Column gear selector,
Ford trademark black grille,
Black door handles,
Higher amperage alternator,
Skid plates on tank, motor and transfer case.
Same rear end ratio as tow package,
Optional accessory wiring packages.

That's about it. No tune, no special motor, no suspension differences. Of course, the department could have ordered all sorts of regular options.

Good luck with your new truck and welcome.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No special tune or suspension, you can do that aftermarket. I used to ponder doing a 93 perf. tune from 5Star, I’ve decided not to since it’s a big truck and I don’t feel the need for speed in it. Here is an 05’ on the dyno with a 93 tune and intake. Just listen to that roar.

Last edited:

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn! I thought we might see a Mad Max Interceptor addition.How cool would that be? Let us know if she looks like this under the bonnet??? 13A3887A-0520-46D6-88ED-D4ECF33FB8CC.jpeg