Larger gas tanks for 2019 Expeditions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd love to have the 49g tank that our '17 F350 crew cab, long bed (6.7L) diesel had...750 miles between fueling's was nice.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
larger tanks are not available, and unlikely.
Ive spoken w/ titan and according to them there is no room under the Expy/Max - further their comments to me were:

the EPA/government has regulations which make it virtually impossible to do replacement or auxiliary tanks for gasoline. The gasoline tank is considered to be part of the EVAP system which is illegal to alter or tamper with in any way.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fysa, the new gms have the same exact dize tanks as the expy now.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Transfer Flow has a pretty extensive pickup bed/replacement tank lineup, albeit nothing currently for the Expys.

https://www.transferflow.com/

They have also gone through what appears to be a pretty rigorous DOT CARB approval process for their tanks, etc. and have certs regarding it. Did not see whether every tank is approved as suitable replacement for any emission related equipment, however.

That being said, if there was a 35+ gallon tank that did not eat up too much ground clearance or lose the spare for $1500 +/- I'd buy it. I'd probably pay the $2K for the 44 gallon tank one as well.

YMMV

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Transfer Flow has a pretty extensive pickup bed/replacement tank lineup, albeit nothing currently for the Expys.

https://www.transferflow.com/

They have also gone through what appears to be a pretty rigorous DOT CARB approval process for their tanks, etc. and have certs regarding it. Did not see whether every tank is approved as suitable replacement for any emission related equipment, however.

That being said, if there was a 35+ gallon tank that did not eat up too much ground clearance or lose the spare for $1500 +/- I'd buy it. I'd probably pay the $2K for the 44 gallon tank one as well.

YMMV

Titan has replacement (gas) tank for the f150 too....
http://titanfueltanks.com/amfinder/?find=2020-ford-f150-5849

the problem w/ the expy is there's just no room (even on my max)...and there is no space above the tank (like there is in a pickup truck) due to the cargo/people seating above.

Alex Taylor

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Platinum Max how big is / should my Gas tank be? Just got it but have yet to through a full tank of gas. :)

I loved my 36 gal tank in 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L could go 700 miles on a tank was so awesome.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Platinum Max how big is / should my Gas tank be? Just got it but have yet to through a full tank of gas. :)

I loved my 36 gal tank in 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L could go 700 miles on a tank was so awesome.

Its like 27 or 29 gallons, I forget.
Mine will go 700 miles on a tank on the highway. My bladder can't handle HALF that! lol