Larger gas tanks for 2019 Expeditions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snidley53

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Expy EL with a 33.5-gallon tank and for just around town I get about 450 to 475 depending on my right foot. When I bought it I looked at the 4th Gen but wanted the extra fuel since we tow a camper out west to Colorado to visit family. It came in handy a couple of times when I tried to get just a bit farther down the road.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its like 27 or 29 gallons, I forget.
Mine will go 700 miles on a tank on the highway. My bladder can't handle HALF that! lol

If your going over 700miles in ur 18 expy max(28gal tank), your avg over 25mpg on the road, which is def doable at the right speed. I can imagine, with a 33 gal tank goin 65mph, an expy will go over a third of the country lengthwise without filling up.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your going over 700miles in ur 18 expy max(28gal tank), your avg over 25mpg on the road, which is def doable at the right speed. I can imagine, with a 33 gal tank goin 65mph, an expy will go over a third of the country lengthwise without filling up.

Correct, you NEED to shut the stupid cruise control off. Its horribly wasteful!