Led Headlight bulbs issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dz4193

Reaction score
So I installed some SL1 led bulbs the other day. However this is the beam pattern that I’m getting and has an empty void in the middle. So night driving sucks

257FA19A-2152-48C2-A6EE-7C30D95A2C8B.jpeg

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the LED’s, you have to have the light emitting parts facing the correct direction. If they are horizontal, maybe try it vertically. It is also possible that those LED’s are not compatible with these housings. I used the Hikari’s and am very happy with them.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That pattern looks like a installation issue rather than a bulb issue. Not saying that it is, but it warrants a look. When I installed the Auxbeam F16's in our Expy there was a issue with unit being too long and the end of the unit hit the lens. That tells me that the depth of the Expy's projector assembly is not that great. With the Auxbeams it is solved by a removable cap that allows them to fit. I did break a tab on one of the bulbs finding that out. Try removing one of the bulbs and checking the tabs for breakage and see if has a removable end cap. You may need to measure the length of the bulb from the tabs forward and compare them to the depth of the housing. If you have broken a tab the unit will usually remain fully inserted using the intact tabs and resistance from the o-ring.

Oscar1

Reaction score
Thinking of installing LED bulbs in my 2019 XLT . Will the day time work ??? , dash indicators work ?? . Any problems with oncoming cars flashing you for blinding them . Any problems with LED's . Any bulb recommendation , so many & they all say there's are the best ?

OP
OP
D

Dz4193

Reaction score
I was able to rotate the ring but wasn’t able to get the bulb back in due to the base of the bulb and the way the housing is on the sides

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was able to rotate the ring but wasn’t able to get the bulb back in due to the base of the bulb and the way the housing is on the sides
You sure you have the proper bulb model for the low beams? Look at the Halogens and make sure the tabs are the same on the bulbs. Also, the LEDs should match up exactly with the placement of the Halogens filements.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk