LED HEADLIGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I will try to make a long story short. About a year or so ago, I ordered and installed LED bulbs in my Lows, Highs and Fogs from XenonHID's.com in my 2008 Nissan Altima. I was searching around online and what got my attention with them was their lifetime warranty and lots of good reviews online. I have had zero issues with them so I decided to pull the trigger and upgrade everything on my 06 Limited Expedition.

Before I ordered all of the bulbs for the expy, I spoke with one of their tech support people and was told I would not need warning cancellers so I didn't shell out for them. Got all of the bulbs installed and had flicker and a warning indicator on the dash when the fogs were on. Got in touch with them, told them of the issue and ordered warning cancellers. Installed the warning cancelers and the flicker is gone with one exception which I will discuss in detail below.

1: When Lows and fogs are on, or just the fogs and parking lights (I love this option on my 06 Limited and my 06 King Ranch. My old 06 XLT wouldn't do that but I digress.) So, I get the warning indicator on the dash and half of the passenger side high bulb (there are two led modules on each bulb) is dimly illuminated. It really isn't noticeable during the day if the low beams are on but I am a bit OCD and since I know it is happening it is driving me straight up the wall. .

2: When I press either the lock or unlock button on the key fob, the passenger side low bulb flickers. Not sure what causes that to happen. (possibly something related to the courtesy lights or interior lights coming on with the press of the button? Once all the lights go off after pressing the lock button and about ten seconds pass the flicker stops.

I am wondering if anyone else here has used LED bulbs from this company on their Second Gen Expys and had these types of issues and weather or not you were able to solve the issues once and for all.

Also wondering if there is an electronic relays for all of the lights out there that would replace the factory relays that would make these issues go away?

Has anyone else had better success with other LED bulbs in their head/fog lights?

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the first brand I installed. I lived with it for a while then got tired of it and tried a different brand.

These are what I have now, and they don't flicker at all. They have a different driver than the first brand I used. I think the manufacturers fix issues with production changes. The bonus is, these are cooled with heat sink straps instead of that stupid fan. No noise. Neither the 9006 or the 9005 flicker or strobe and both present a very nice beam pattern. You probably know this already, but you can use a 9005 in the fog light. Just trim a tiny bit off one of the tabs. It's obvious when you look at it.

-Mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=262730726911&view=all&tid=2148416436016

OP
OP
R

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a lightbulb moment this morning and completely removed LEDs in fogs. Now low and high work ss the should.

Probably just going to stick some Sylvania ZXE bulbs in the fogs. They ough to match fairy close.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

53bird

Reaction score
I'm using plug and play Sirius LED that I purchased on amazon with a 2 year warranty and they work just fine..Go to amazon and use the Garage feature they have and input your car information. There's numerous LED lights you can use and the Amazon Garage will let you know if it will fit your car or not

EliteFord

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm using plug and play Sirius LED that I purchased on amazon with a 2 year warranty and they work just fine..Go to amazon and use the Garage feature they have and input your car information. There's numerous LED lights you can use and the Amazon Garage will let you know if it will fit your car or not

I just ordered the Philips crystalultras and did not know about this, thanks for the heads up, would love to go this direction next.