LED Turn Signal Bulbs - advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miket961

Reaction score
My turn signal bulbs went out and decided to replace with LED. Replaced front and rear. Bulbs work but there isn’t enough current resistance. It still thinks the bulbs are out and the signal emits error flash.

Anyone else upgraded to LED? Is there a brand that works better? Or any other fix?

2017 XL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Use socal switchbacks and buy the 7443 pigtails to rewirenit with the correct plug. That’s for the front and use whatever for the rear.

Then use forscan to turn hyperflash off

I can send the links if you want. I use jdm astar red 3157 taillights. And socal switchbacks in the front. The running lights are killer bright

OP
OP
M

miket961

Reaction score
Use socal switchbacks and buy the 7443 pigtails to rewirenit with the correct plug. That’s for the front and use whatever for the rear.

Then use forscan to turn hyperflash off

I can send the links if you want. I use jdm astar red 3157 taillights. And socal switchbacks in the front. The running lights are killer bright

Thanks.

Links please

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks.

Links please

SOCAL-LED 2x T25 3157 LED Bulb Switchback Extremely Bright 30W 3000LM COB High Power DRL Turn Signal Light Kit, Canbus Error Free LED Decoder Resistor, White/Amber https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVN5DTH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_N18MJX1ZE9XNF9BFPVC2

It does NOT matter which model you buy (meaning the plug) because you are going to cut the plug off and wire the correct one on.

TOMALL 7440 7443 T20 Bulb Connector Male Adapter for Automotive Brake Light Bulbs/Turn Signal/Reverse Light Bulbs Socket (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GFDT6DX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_T68Y2X42A918KC0QRYBD

If you private message me we can talk and i can walk you through cutting the plug off and wiring the new one on. You have to pin out your light socket because these plugs will blow the fuse if plugged in backwards but the end result is a super bright light with a built in resistor that will prevent hyperflashing.

And they are technically a universal fit and can be positioned at any angle you want to project the light out of your housing by spinning the bulb in the housing

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score

CubSmurf

Reaction score
True - the socal ones you don’t either you just have to run the one wire to your running light fuse

And i was suggesting ones that I have had experience using

I wasn't trying to discourage or talk down about how you did it. Some folks just don't want to cut and splice stuff:)

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to discourage or talk down about how you did it. Some folks just don't want to cut and splice stuff:)

No and I understand that. I only cut and splice so I don’t have to run a wire to the fuse panel. But the socals are great. Synticausa makes a premade one but I haven’t tested and used them enough in my opinion to promote using them.

Plati

Reaction score
I'm puzzled why people put LED in these, that were not designed for that? I've been reading for years about problems doing that and backflips to get them to "function". As a one time EE, I would think that using the components that have characteristics that match the design of the rest of that circuit/system would be the way to go. As an owner of 3 Expy's I never had a problem with the OEM style lights. Plus, you're driving down the road and from the drivers seat ... can't experience any difference. I guess others that see your vehicle on the road might see it and say (if they knew) look at that or something. What is the advantage of LED?

The only thing I can think of is that people really enjoy modifying vehicles, kind of an American tradition from back in the day. Thats cool but is that all there is to it?

OP
OP
M

miket961

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that people really enjoy modifying vehicles, kind of an American tradition from back in the day. Thats cool but is that all there is to it?

Yes, and LEDs last longer.