let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Benton harbor is home for me...but I hate the snow

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my luck...put new snow tires on and its nearly 60F out! no snow in the forecast for at least a week 1/2. now that could all change tomorrow but as of now its a oddly warm fall.

i did wash the expy last night only to have it rain today :(
2013-10-17_17-36-45_990_zps632bf482.jpg
2013-10-17_17-36-18_544_zps31913ce8.jpg
2013-10-17_17-36-10_238_zps614f6802.jpg

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How big of a difference are snow tires from an all season

like night and day, black and white, ying and yang.

until you drive with both you may thing all seasons or A/Ts are fine for winter, they are not! at least not here anyhow.

real snow tires will give you more traction then you could ever imagine was possible on glare ice/snow pack..ect

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How big of a difference are snow tires from an all season

The rubber they're made of doesn't harden as much in freezing temps, so they get a better grip than all seasons. Plus the tread pattern is usually more aggressive.

We're required by law here in Quebec to use snow tires from Dec 15 to March 15. I just keep them on all year long, because I'm too lazy/cheap to pay for two sets of tires and because I don't put that much mileage on the truck anyway, so not too worried about the snow tires wearing off faster in summer. To be honest, I didn't even notice them wearing off faster in the summer. They seem to be wearing off as much as my all seasons were.

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The law demands snow tires (from first of december and last of mars) here in sweden, and it think thats a bless. To many amateurs ends up in the ditch. I use Hakkapeliitta with studs.

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The law demands snow tires (from first of december and last of mars) here in sweden, and it think thats a bless. To many amateurs ends up in the ditch. I use Hakkapeliitta with studs.

very good tires, i know alot of people who run studded Hakkapelitta's

i have 3 different sets, the new blizzak studdless. Cooper M+S studded and firestone winterforce studded. all of them are fantastic. lots of siping and soft rubber compound make for a very sticky tire.

having crazy warm weather still, so after getting the Oldsmobile back from the transmission shop and with a fully rebuild tranny they said to put some miles on it and bring it back for a check and you get your warranty paperwork...sooo i decided to take her on a little road trip yesterday. about 120 miles all said and done.

002_zps1bf1cb85.jpg
010_zps98d47089.jpg
004_zps015082b5.jpg
014_zps003aef2c.jpg

Last edited:

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like snow... but not too much, just enough "lagom" as we say in sweden.

1998 it was a bit too much, this is footage from the middle part of sweden. A blizzard hit the area 60 miles north from were i live
snow

Last edited:

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i love the snow, we get plenty of it for half of the year. but i have so much stuff i still need to do before it comes.

great video! reminds me of things to come...

what i have to look forward to
3.25.13 spring snow in anchorage - YouTube

Haha I share your sentiments on round-a-bouts... No one here gets how they work, they just barrel in there regardless if there is a car coming round. We just had a little dusting of snow today in MN. Only a matter of time before the first 2 foot storm of the year. Are you a snowmobiler?