Lightning Supercharger Swap in an '04 Expy write-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theyre not in his album so you'll have to search his posts

OP
OP
boiler71

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score

rca510

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it looks nice but i wan to try to get them to come out one per side if possible. i found a shop back home that might be able to get it done and for like 300 they said so i might go to them after i get home from deployment...

rvm1

Reaction score
Great write up!! Did you need a new engine wiring harness for the swap? The Mad Enterprise site indicates that you need one, but your install seems to have eliminated the need.

OP
OP
boiler71

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great write up!! Did you need a new engine wiring harness for the swap? The Mad Enterprise site indicates that you need one, but your install seems to have eliminated the need.

I used the stock Expy wiring. I had to lengthen a few of the connections though: TPS, IAC, and IAT.

The Lightning has 2 additional connections that the Expy doesn't: the boost by-pass solenoid and a barometric pressure sensor. Both are located on the black bracket located on the driver side of the blower. Neither are needed.

Lastly, I don't believe the Lightning harness will work on the 2nd Gen Expys...1st Gen yes, but not the 2nd Gens.

OP
OP
boiler71

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's good to know. How's your fuel consumption?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Gas mileage isn't bad if you can keep your foot out of it. Around town we get about 10 - 11 mpg and about 13 - 14 mpg on the interstate.

One thing I remembered from your previous question...the Lightning actually has 2 IAT sensors; 1 in the air tube up by the air filter and another in one of the intake runners. Although the Lightning uses 2, you only need 1...the one in the intake runner. That will give the PCM the most accurate reading on inlet air temps.

rvm1

Reaction score
Wonder why the Lightning would need 2 sensors. It makes sense you'd get better readings from the intake runner.

Hope you don't mind the questions. I'm thinking of putting parts together to try a swap.

Sent from my HTC Sensastion using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

daoud elmassri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 ford expedition super charge

I have a 2000 ford expedition 4x4. I am installing a suppercharger on it the motor have in the truck now is a 4.6 . The truck is a 2001 that I bot has a 5.4 I bot the hole truck it is a 4x4 I need help to in stall the supercharger from a to z . On how to hook up the emision hoses on th suppercharer please help