Limited Halogen to Platium LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While LED's are nice. I swapped my XLT's Halogens for 55 watt HID's. HID's are a better fit for the low beam Parabolic lens that comes with the XLT and base Limited. Parabolics like spherical bulbs like Halogens and HID's. The high beam back reflective optics would work fine with any bulb, halogen, HID, or LED. NOTE: The 2020 Owners manual lists the WRONG bulb sizes for the Halogen high and low beams!!!! Rather than explain the confusion....pull the existing halogen bulbs and write down the numbers...then order, whether you are getting HID's or LED's if you use the manual like I did, you will get the wrong bulbs for the wrong places....

The bulbs that fit my 2020 XLT were 9005 and H11. I bought them through XenonPro, out the door they were about $250 total for all 4 with all of the options:

9005-HID-4300K-WC-55W 9005 - Single Beam - Xenon HID Headlights Kit
H11-HID-4300K-WC-55W H11 - Single Beam - Xenon HID Headlights Kit

These are both much brighter than the Factory LED's on my friends 2020 KR. We lined them up on the highway. It's a noticeable difference for both low and high beams.

I mounted the transformers and such to the painted fender braces, accessible with the front of the fender liner bent out of the way with a combination of screws and double sided tape. No issues so far.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is what I used
Very Bright & designed to match Halogen pattern
Tried several others but pattern was off
Amazon.com: 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs, Aukee HB3 110W High Power 18,000LM Extremely Bright 6000K Cool White CSP Chips Conversion Kit Adjustable Beam: Automotive
Do not need deeper covers with these
These are what I have. I did have an issue where my daytime running lamps stopped working with these bulbs. When I checked with Forscan, it mentioned short circuits on my low beams. My low beams actually work fine. When I was originally installing the aukee bulbs, I did some voltage and current measurements. The Aukee’s had a higher inrush current and slower voltage climb than the Hikari’s they replaced. I’m guessing it only trips the code when daytime running lights are at the lower voltage. My solution was to change my daytime running lights to the fog lights.