Limited Slip or non-limited slip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bjamin

Reaction score
Which is Better for towing?
I've got an 00 Expy with 5.4 and 3:55 gears limited slip and have the opprtunity to buy an 03 Navigator with the 5.4 and 3:73 non-limited slip 3.73 ratio, non-limited slip. Which one is going to be better for towning?

Anyone? Thanks in advance!
Ben

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
please only post in one area the same question but to answer your question the 3.73 better for towing if the were limited slip

what kind of load you planning on towing

OP
OP
B

Bjamin

Reaction score
Mustang -

I was only going to post in 1 area, but I was unable to find andy one/place to assist me. I wanted to find a moderator to have the post moved, but found nothing, hence the 2nd post.

Now for what I'm towing, a Weekend Warrior 23' Superlight Toyhauler. Dry it weighs 5300#

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would stay with the 3.55 you will be ok and the limited slip will help you out when the ground is wet when putting the trailer in the campground spot

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bjamin
Mustang -

I was only going to post in 1 area, but I was unable to find andy one/place to assist me. I wanted to find a moderator to have the post moved, but found nothing, hence the 2nd post.

Now for what I'm towing, a Weekend Warrior 23' Superlight Toyhauler. Dry it weighs 5300#

not to beat a dead horse or anything... but there's also a delete post option. And if you ever get a hold of a moderator you'll be the first.

OP
OP
B

Bjamin

Reaction score
Well I tried, but got frustrated after not finding a moderator. I'm part of other forums and finding the moderator is simple, they are all over.

My apologies to anyone that had to view this issue more than once. Maybe this will be a wake-up call to thosr that moderate this foum.

Thanks to all that have provied your input. I don't mean to bash, but website ease, can sometimes be overlooked by content.

Thanks again!

Rfreels

Reaction score
I pull a 32' super slide camper that weighs 6800# dry and it does great with my 373 rearend.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it sounds like the mods around this place aint doing there jobs

and not to hijack this thread how does that 32 footer pull behind the expedition i mean it is a long trailer i was thinking the longest i wanted to go was 28 or 29 foot

OP
OP
B

Bjamin

Reaction score
Yeah Rf, I'm curious how it does as well? My Toy Hauler is 27.5 ft, including the hitch and rear bumper and weighs 5300 dry, minus my toys, water (which it holds 100 gal), etc. I wish I had a 3/4 ton or higher. Do you pull it on any grades?

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah for a 32 foot trailer i would like to go with a excresion or a f250 or bigger with the diesil in it i mean the 5.4 has the power and all but the length is what worries me