Lock/Unlock all door to Park/Drive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

irod87

Reaction score
Is it possible on these 3rd Gen Expeditions more specifically a 2011 XLT to change how the lock/unlock reacts to what gear the car is in? For example when the vehicle goes from drive into park all the doors unlock or when the vehicle goes from Park to drive it locks all the doors? I was used to this feature on my other vehicle. The expedition is not currently doing this. I wondered if it was a changeable setting.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah it's in the dash menu (info button). Auto Lock is what locks (or doesn't lock) the doors when you start driving. My Mountaineer used to lock them the instant you moved, but I've noticed the Expedition waits until I reach a certain speed (5mph maybe?). Auto Unlock unlocks the doors when you park.

OP
OP
I

irod87

Reaction score
Yeah it's in the dash menu (info button). Auto Lock is what locks (or doesn't lock) the doors when you start driving. My Mountaineer used to lock them the instant you moved, but I've noticed the Expedition waits until I reach a certain speed (5mph maybe?). Auto Unlock unlocks the doors when you park.

Awesome! Thats exactly what im looking for. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
I

irod87

Reaction score
I checked this at lunch and both auto lock and auto unlock were turned on. Any reason they might not be engaging? I'll look into it further this evening.

OP
OP
I

irod87

Reaction score
I read the manual and did the keypad instruction. Autolock is working but Autounlock was not. Turned it off again and on again but didn't test it. Well see what it does tomorrow.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're making headway. I've got the shop manual here, but packing for vacation and didn't have time to go through it. My wife and I have a knack for doing everything last minute.

CommO

Reaction score
Yup. Locks at 12mph.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

irod87

Reaction score
On these 3rd Gen's does the autounlock work like this. When I put it in park the doors do not unlock. But when I open the drivers door while in park they do all unlock. Is this the proper functionality? In my Dodge Journey as soon as the vehicle was put in park all he doors unlocked.