Looking at 2019-4x4 & 2021-4x2 Limited, 303a Stealth package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 21 has less miles and is cheaper and shouldn't have any cam phaser issues. I'd take that if I didn't need 4x4 to be honest.

arock

Reaction score
I am in the market for a used Expedition as well and that 19 seems a little over priced. Similar trucks are going for low to mid 40's (and dropping everyday), at least in the mid-atlantic area. The 21 should give you the updated safety tech that wasn't available in the 19 and the price seems a little more fair even with not being 4wd.

OP
OP

72stick

Reaction score
I am in the market for a used Expedition as well and that 19 seems a little over priced. Similar trucks are going for low to mid 40's (and dropping everyday), at least in the mid-atlantic area. The 21 should give you the updated safety tech that wasn't available in the 19 and the price seems a little more fair even with not being 4wd.
I'm thinking the same thing on the 19. I like the options, but it seems like they are pricing it for the 2022 market and not the 2023 reality. After I do an inspection and drive tomorrow, I was thinking of offering them an OTD price of 50K for the 19 or wait a couple months. I found the 21 on TrueCar and the title says LEMON.

OP
OP

72stick

Reaction score
I found a 21 w/o the 303a package and 34K miles, but he wants a lot for a 300a package that's only class IV TRLR TOW PREP PAK at $59K.
KBB says it's a $55K car. Even that seems high for a 300a package wi/o the Class IV TRLR Tow PKG.

Attachments

• 1674219009584.png
    1674219009584.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 10

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy anything right now. Not sure if you're aware but the used market in just starting it's marketing correction. Wholesale prices are dropping 1% every 2 weeks. It's estimated that used market will drop another 20% at a minimum by year end. I was in the market for a used Platinum, but after doing the homework I expect the prices to drop at least $10k-$15k by end of year. I can wait.

There is a perfect storm coming to the used market, many people will be upside down on their cars. That car you are looking at for $50k will be easily $40k come end of year.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they don't plan on getting rid of the car anytime soon, then the value at year end will be kinda mute. It's 3 - 4 yr value that's more important.

Atleast this is how I justified my purchase.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they don't plan on getting rid of the car anytime soon, then the value at year end will be kinda mute. It's 3 - 4 yr value that's more important.

Atleast this is how I justified my purchase.
Agree. If you need one, you need one. Just make sure you go into negotiations knowing what's on the horizon. You'll probably get a better deal than you realize. Dealers are about to be in a bad spot on their used inventory. The vehicles on the lot are losing values daily and their advertising costs and what not is not.

OP
OP

72stick

Reaction score
Agree. If you need one, you need one. Just make sure you go into negotiations knowing what's on the horizon. You'll probably get a better deal than you realize. Dealers are about to be in a bad spot on their used inventory. The vehicles on the lot are losing values daily and their advertising costs and what not is not.
I'm not in a hurry to buy and I was going to test the waters to see if I can apply the forecasted drop to today's price to see if they'll come off their asking price. I don't expect any movement, but I can wait. This car is a buy-back from a customer who bought it and then traded it right back in on something shorter that fits in his garage. They've made their money on the sale already. They've had it for 120 days. Now they can either sit on it hoping someone will buy it for their asking price or wait till the market drops.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was their any notes on why the 21 was a lemon?