Losing stuff under the dash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
Ha Ha. Okay, so I went to go check my FX4 to see about this gap.. I never knew I even had a sliding door. I just thought maybe the cover didn't come on the XLT versions and only the higher trim levels. Turns out, I do have the door, but always leave it opened because of the USB cable and/or charging pad. And of course, the handle for the door slides back into that gap if the door is open.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3e56b67164dcc16ebf5a9fc42a76eae3.jpg

After reading a few of these threads I had to go check the gap. No way I would lose my IPhone in there. The iPhone charger end just fits in to the gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man, that's messed up. Guess it varies by year, trim, maybe even truck to truck. I can actually fit a finger in my gap. Guess it's weatherstrip time.

Johhn14

Reaction score
I tried to send my iPhone into the gap on my 19 Platinum and no way it would fit. There is definitely a gap, but no where big enough for that.

Big enough for some papers, license, credit cards, etc... but not a phone or glasses.

Lawrence T-D

Reaction score
We lost a $25 restaurant gift down there in my 2018 - it slid out of sight when I braked in the restaurant car park. We got it back by carefully prizing the trim on the side away from the carpet (in the driver’s foot well) and voila, it slid out. I don’t see how on earth you could lose anything much thicker than a credit card in there. Anyway, we are more careful now after that scare!

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We lost a $25 restaurant gift down there in my 2018 - it slid out of sight when I braked in the restaurant car park. We got it back by carefully prizing the trim on the side away from the carpet (in the driver’s foot well) and voila, it slid out. I don’t see how on earth you could lose anything much thicker than a credit card in there. Anyway, we are more careful now after that scare!

I tried to send my iPhone into the gap on my 19 Platinum and no way it would fit. There is definitely a gap, but no where big enough for that.

Big enough for some papers, license, credit cards, etc... but not a phone or glasses.

I agree with both of you, but did you see my picture? My gap is pretty big. So again, either Ford fixed it, or it just varies. Perhaps on earlier 18's it was worse. As you said, I'm MUCH more careful.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, I recently found this in that area behind the dash on my 2007....look at the date on the coupon....2010

C6CA375F-CDF3-44E3-80BD-0A6084789550.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker