Low Beam replacement in a '15 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I've yet to find a LED proven to install in my 2017 Expedition reflector housings that fit without cobbling the housings and provide the same light beam pattern.

I was prepared to fit four SL1 LEDs but the primary vendor of SL1 LEDs didn't know if they'd fit and the bulbs are very expensive. Expense would be fine if they fit and actually threw the same beam pattern as the halogens with more light down the road. My primary desire is for the high beams but a complete set would be beneficial.

Any vendor who wants me to review these just contact me. :) Be glad to buy them if they meet requirements.

Back in the 5" diameter sealed beam days it was almost a trivial modification to run 12v GE aircraft landing lights as high beams. Just had to bend a contact in the low beams so they shut off when the landing lights came on. Otherwise the headlight circuit breaker would trip -- yeah, these drew high amps.

-- Chuck

David M

Reaction score
do you notice an actual improvement in the beam brightness, or is it just a different color?
Yes output is much better. Beam pattern is very crisp and I am very pleased with how easy the install was. @chuck s these wereni stalled in my projector housing with no issues.

JCP2018

Reaction score
I had a full headlight and turns LED swap done at a local place who specializes in upgrades. The color is spot on to the factory fog lights. He previously converted my W212 E350. In that instance the low beams were such a tight fit he did we went with HID and LED on highs. I could barely tell the difference between them as far as color difference (very close). In my situation it worked.

I ordered bulbs online first, and he talked me into going with his. Not only were his much better quality, they were about 50% cheaper. I wish I would have taken side by side pics before returning the others to show the difference.

The key thing I got from this is to use an experienced shop. Though we did have to mix and match for my first conversion, he knew which bulbs to use, and it made all the difference. At some point I'm also going to do the rears and domes to finish out the conversion.

WifeyExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking of replacing the headlights on my wife's 16. Think I'm more confused than ever. Do I go HID or LED? If so, who?

OP
OP
AmpliFIRE

AmpliFIRE

Reaction score
Ok, so I went with these HID's in my low beam PROJECTOR lights. Installed them on Friday and have used them extensively over the past few nights. All I can say is WOW. Such a difference over the stock Halogen's. All of the reviews and info I've read say to go HID's with Projectors...and I'm glad I did. Brightness, depth, color and overall visibility are all just perfect to my eyes. My wife is thrilled which is the icing on the cake lol. Night and day difference (pun intended)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FTNY6B2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire