Low Beam replacement in a '15 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmpliFIRE

Reaction score
The low beams seem very dim on my Expy, so I ordered some Xenon HID's for it. Would these work as a straight swap for the factory Halogen's or do I need some sort of conversion kit?

Thanks in advance!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have projectors (look like a spherical glass lens ball thingie)? If yes, an HID kit (with the ballast and wiring) is the minimum, and a relay harness and/or "canceller" capacitor set may be necessary if they flicker.

If it's just bulbs, nope, you can't plug em in.

If you don't have projectors, it's illegal and unsafe and impolite to others and will get you ticketed (pretty sure you DO have em though)

OP
OP
AmpliFIRE

AmpliFIRE

Reaction score
Do you have projectors (look like a spherical glass lens ball thingie)? If yes, an HID kit (with the ballast and wiring) is the minimum, and a relay harness and/or "canceller" capacitor set may be necessary if they flicker.

If it's just bulbs, nope, you can't plug em in.

If you don't have projectors, it's illegal and unsafe and impolite to others and will get you ticketed (pretty sure you DO have em though)

Thanks for the response, I do have projectors. Are there any kits/bulbs that folks on the forum have had good success with?

David M

Reaction score
The SL1 is a great performer but an HID will will eat it for lunch!

The SL1 was a huge break through for aftermarket led but even lead engineer at Diode dynamics(Paul M) would agree.
HIDs are freakin junk dude. Burning lenses and they don’t last. LED is obviously the way to go since almost every car manufacturer today is using them. I don’t see any manufacturers using HIVs...

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
HIDs are freakin junk dude. Burning lenses and they don’t last. LED is obviously the way to go since almost every car manufacturer today is using them. I don’t see any manufacturers using HIVs...
Its all about less power consumption and bulb life not that they out perform an HID.

"Burning lenses" thats because they don't belong in those lenses!

Ever Check the output on a Mercedes-Benz with LED vs HID? I have and there is no comparison! Same with a few other "luxury" cars I've done lighting work on. I mention the Mercedes because they were one of the first to offer a led oem option.

Do some research through a credible source and stop talking out ya rear end. I've been in the lighting game for a long time, do my own retrofits and have seen first hand the difference

I just recognized the truck..

Last edited: