Low beams and High beams both on at the same time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lightnin

Reaction score
Anyone done this. I like how bright it is when you pull back on the dimmer switch to turn on the high beams and for a bit the high and low beams are on at the same time. I have done this on my 01 ram by jumpering 2 wires together and jumpering the fog light relay so when i hit my high beams my fogs, lows, and highs are on. I am planning on doing the fog light mod but didn't know if anyone has the low and high beams on at the same time.

01 Ford Expedition

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, it is soooo much brighter like that.

I have wondered the same, but it doesn't seem like it is a good idea to have that much load on the wiring. But I have no idea; maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hopefully someone else can enlighten us (pun intended).

OP
OP
L

lightnin

Reaction score
I jumpered the relay for the fog lights just like i did on my dodge. The fog lights come on instantly. Dang ford wiring different than dodges. lol Guess on dodges the power goes through the switch then through the relay and fords has power constantly and the switch controls just the relay open and close.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2002 xlt I wanted more light in front of me. It seemed to me that the oem headlamps left a darker zone in the middle of the vehicle. I decided to mount two clear driving lights dead center and low on the bumper. These are 55 watts each. Each driving light is spliced into a hot wire going into the oem headlamp.The grounds are separate. So what I have is two 55 watt lights that come on with my oem lamps. The zone in the center of vehicle is now bright. I am able to aim them in a way that oncoming traffic is not blinded. The oem wiring is fine even after two and half years of use.

With you using your low and high beams at the same time, you should be pulling the same wattage and heat through your wires that I do.

good luck. let us know how your project works out.