Low oil level light engine wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilbear13

Reaction score
I have 2005 expedition 4wd. cranks but never turns over the low oil level light came on and now my check engine light is on. The check Gage light is lit to. I checked the engine oil it is where it should be. Why won't my car start and how do I fix this I am a woman and and slightly mechanically inclined but I don't have all the tools needed for this is there a simple way to fix this the bypass switch reset switch anyting.? I've tried the fuel reset button didn't do anything but I need to fix this ASAP any suggestions advice would be very appreciated.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The lights mean nothing when the engine's not running, so don't worry about them now. Your problem is that the motor is cranking but not starting. We'll assume you have gas and a good key.

You, or someone has to check for fuel pressure. It could be a number of problems and that would be a first step in diagnosing. Could be something as simple as a bad fuse or fuel pump relay.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not being critical, but cranks and turns over are synonymous. What I think you mean to convey is the engine cranks, but doesn't start/run.

You really need to have the trouble codes deciphered. When the 'check engine' light is illuminated, it means trouble codes are stored. Understanding what codes are stored will go a long way to determine
why the engine won't start. As Trainmaster suggests, the lights mean nothing unless the engine is running.

Many tow service operators are have code readers to decipher the codes. I recommend you call a tow service to your home. If it is a simple fix, they may be able to help. If not, they can recommend a
a shop to fix your vehicle, and provide the tow to the shop.

TexEx

Reaction score
Thats a tough one but could be fuel pump, check the fuse first in fuse box on passenger side floor board area, borrow another of same amperage from another slot location of you dont see a break in the fuse..its worth a try..do you have owner's manual? I have the same make/model expedition..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk